Re: A. panduro

Hey Lianne,

Temp should be around 25-28 degrees C. Yours would be able to breed i had my pair spawn at a smaller size. Mine acctually bred 1 week after i got them, with no conditioning just flake food, the pH was about 5.3 and the hardness was low. I find they may need a trigger, and the mirror tricked worked for my pair. I have now trouble breeding Panduro's but keeping them alive for longer than a month is another matter. Normally the only symptom i can see is there jaw get's locked open, anyone know what this is? i see it all the time in Panduro's?

Tim

From: ~Lianne~ <emiko@columbus.rr.com>
To: apisto@Listbox.com
Subject: A. panduro
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:27:41 -0400

Hey everyone, thanks for your advice about getting these guys.  I did
purchase a pair of A. panduro last Saturday.  They are residing in a 10
gal barebottom, with a few flat stones, some pvc, fake plants, soon to
be pots, and a sponge filter and a heater.  I have a few questions about
them.

1)  What is the optimum temperature to keep these fish at?  What about
once eggs are laid?

2)  What is breeding size for these guys?  My female is about 1", male
about 1.5" right now.

3)  What do you do to condition them?  What pH and hardness is needed?

4)  Anything else I should know about keeping them?

Thanks!

~Lianne