Re: basic care of Papiliochromis Ramerizi

Chris, et al,
Papiliochromis ramerizi are the blue rams sold as "butterfly rams" "rams" etc. Those fish commonly sold as "bolivian rams" or in my experience "ruby red rams" are generally Papiliochromis altispinosa. These are a "little" ;-D larger than the blue (ramerizi) rams and IME slightly different behaviorally and in reference to ease of care.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chris Jewell" <chris@jewell68.freeserve.co.uk>
To: <apisto@listbox.com>
Subject: Re: basic care of Papiliochromis Ramerizi
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:12:50 +0100

Hi Steve,

I think this fish are commonly sold s Bolivian rams.

They area litle more robust than normal rams, and reach about 3". They can
be much hardder to pair to, I think the male has extensions on his dorsal /
tail fins? (mine does)

Feeding, mine love anything meaty /  wormy.For breeding soft and slightly
acidic conditions are required, but nothing as extreme as for some
appisto's.

For other dwarfs, what size tank is it steve?

Hope thats some help
Chris