Re: basic care of Papiliochromis Ramerizi

Whilst we are on the subject, does anyone have reliabel sexing data for
Papiliochromis altispinosa?

 After a deal of reading (and looking at my own fish) I know the common ram
"pink belly, extended 3rd / 4th dorsal ray" does not apply. I've been using
extensions / filaments on the tail and dorsal fins to sex my pair. is this a
correct method, or am I just picking up on common differences in fish? I'm
assuming the slightly larger fish with these fin extensions and stronger
colouration is the male.

Cheers

Chris