From: Scott <zerelli@yahoo.com>
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: blue ram sudden fry death
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:41:20 -0700 (PDT)

How does pH kill a fish? I mean other than causing a
change from ammonia to ammonium. I really think people
tend to latch onto that idea without a basis. I was in
a pet shop the other day and one of the employees was
complaining about how hard it was to keep discus since
she had to constantly mess with pH. I toldher to just
leave it alone and she looked at me like I was nuts. I
personally watched two pairs spawn repeatedly in water
well over 7.5 pH. She didn't believe it and was sure
they cannot survive in such water. I am just curious
and not saying that it is not true. Someone educate me
I need to learn something not computer related this
week (work has been a pain).

--- Max Gallade <mgallade@hotmail.com> wrote: > I think Mike J. posted here before that Rams like > perfect conditions to > raise their youngens in.The question is what is > perfect?I've been succesful > with Rams in a species only tank(10g). I move the > female out after > hatching and let the male take over the brood > care.My males have been > wonderful fathers so far and haven't eaten a fry > yet.We wrote a Ram breeding > journal on the TDA site (which is now back > online).It contains a lot of > helpful tips I got from people here and a link to > the Z-man Ram breeding > article with more great tips. > HTH > Max > > Visit "The Digital Aquarium" and L&M Tropicals at: > http://clix.to/Apisto > > >