Re: Oak leave tank

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, David Sanchez wrote:

> Nice tank Max. maybe I'm biased but I thought yours
> was the true Bitope tank and deserved 1st place. Nice
> job.

Well, see, everyone4's got different ideas on that... the winner of the
1st place actually went and collected all native fish and plants from the
Houston Texas area.  I;'m not sure that tank necessarily looks the most
biotopically-correct, but has the right flora and fauna.  Max's tank very
much looks the part, but none of the flora is really south american.  I
think this is where the judges tend to ding the points.  Some of the
people at the convention even thought it should have been disqualified
because of the Anubias!  Gad Zukes, that's hardcore!  If we did that, only
one tank would have even been still left standing in the category.

  - Erik

(Apologies for the bad proofing on this post.  Traffic is at a crawl to
the site because of the contest opening today!)

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com