Re: ram fry, sigh

Great Data Tom although the data may be variable from
collection date to collection date I think we still
must agree. The change on a daily basis on water
quality is very minimal if not negligible when we are
talking of the natural biotope of our fish. My point
being whether the TDS was 90 ppm or 110 ppm come back
the next day and you will find there is no change in
the DOC's or water quality. In an aquarium this is
very different. Pollution takes its toll very quickly.
In the natural biotope this is not the case.

 Speaking of wild rams here is a pic of a wild Ram
from Columbia. I wish I had more collection Data but
note that it is a yellow ram! I love this fish. This
is the father of my own line of "gold" Rams.

http://www.geocities.com/barbax2/yellow_ram_2.jpg

When we see that the so called "Gold" rams are not as
big a deal as we might think just some line breeding
of some outstanding wild stock. The same with solid
Discus I have seen wild Discus that was 75%-80% solid.
Tom I would love to hear more about the data and your
experiences of teh natural biotope of our fish. As of
late I must admit we have been having some very
productive conversation here. One last note. Tom I
have seen wild rams that were more red then others and
some more blue and some yellow as this one. What are
your experiences? I would love to hear what you have
to say on that.

David Sanchez

.