Re: Evolution in a microcosm

In a message dated 3/14/2002 1:10:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, fishbox@bellsouth.net writes:

I agree that this is not the place for a full-fledged debate, but I think
there are some real misconceptions and misleadings about what is espoused
about evolution.  For a list of those misconceptions and articles refuting
them check here http://www.trueorigin.org/index.asp

-Jody

  Once again I must agree. Many people have mentioned places where you could learn more about the subject which is starting to take over the list. I think from my-assumed-uneducated point of view that would be the best place to take this conversation.

  I must admit I do get a kick out of how the list takes off on stuff like this. I also get a kick out of how people start pulling degrees out of the closet. As if that supposed to make them more of an authority or that their opinion counts for something more then just that an opinion on a theory. So what, Who cares.

  You know what Ph.D. stands for right? Piled Higher and Deeper. I think sometimes you end up with people who can't see the Forrest because the trees get in the way.

  Yes, scientist and highly educated people have done much for this world and they have also done a heck of a lot of bad too. Why do you think our environment and our fishes environment suffers so much?

  Many people are jumping in here not even knowing where this whole thing started. It all had to do with a Ram eating its eggs. Just goes to show you how people turn nothing into something. I guess that would be called evolution too. huh?

  Once again Please back to the interesting topic of this list the fish and our keeping of them and learning more about their traits regardless of whether you think they evolved from something or that a higher intelligence some of us call God created them. We al have the right to feel how we feel. This is America and Yes we do sing God Bless America. Hold on to the feelings of Sept 11th brotherhood and caring for each other regardless of your views.

  Apistos and the whole fish hobby is a lot of fun with a lot of great people. Lets vent our bad days and frustrations some place else.
                                                                JerryB