Re: experience

Sal,
 Once upon a time I tried to feed convict larvae to some Taeniacaras (I
forget quite why, now). The male Taeniacara immediately went into parent
mode, gathering and guarding and tending. When the larvae became fry, he
would desperately  signal instructions to them in Taeniacara-ese...
needless to say, the fry (not being bi-lingual) never understood. The
fry made their "dad" nuts! He'd chase them all day and spit them where
he wanted them, and off they'd wander again. After a couple of weeks of
just shaking my head at them, I finally took pity and removed them... I
had to catch him first, since he was attacking me for threatening "his"
babies. All in all, it was very weird!

Martha