From: Zack Wilson <aquamaniac@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:45:03 -0600
To:  <apisto@listbox.com>
Subject: Re: Evolution in a microcosm

Re: I don't know why some feel the need to shy away from this subject. I agree
Re: with others who consider this an enjoyable discussion. We're all adults here
Re: and should be able to handle some intelligent discussion of a very pivotal
Re: idea. The occurrence of macro-evolution or the lack thereof is very
Re: prevalent with regards to our Apistos. It affects how we identify or
Re: understand the relation of our fish--whether what we have is really a new
Re: species in a chain or whether it is just a variation of a pre-existing
Re: species. Whether we go into the examination of a fish with the pre-existing
Re: notion that we must fit the fish into our evolutionary model affects how we
Re: identify our fishes.
Re:
Re: I find it interesting that it is the proponents of macro-evolution who have
Re: felt it necessary to bring in religion. Those of us capable of offering an
Re: intelligent discussion about the occurrence of macro-evolution have yet to
Re: mention religion. I have only given reasons why I don't accept evolution and
Re: haven't stated any affiliation to an alternative religion from evolution. So
Re: far the biggest lack of education or intelligence I have seen comes from the
Re: other side. I wonder how well anyone understands the alternatives, or do
Re: they just believe in their religion of evolution because that is all they
Re: have taken the time to study? I have studied evolution in-depth and at
Re: length and find no merit in it.
Re:
Re: Most of what has been offered in favor of macro-evolution has been devoid of
Re: substance or evidence in favor, but rather has simply attacked alternative
Re: views with simplistic dogma. I don't agree with the ideas of macro-evolution
Re: for many well-thought-out reasons and therefor differ in my opinions of what
Re: constitutes the identification of a new species. I am happy to discuss with
Re: others who can behave like adults the logic of my views. If you're not
Re: interested in this subject, there are other threads and you don't have to
Re: read this one. If you are interested, whether as a contributor or observer,
Re: you're free to participate.
Re:
Re: Regards all,
Re:
Re: Zack Wilson
Re: losing more and more respect for Ph.D's.
Re:
Re:
Re: For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help,
Re: email apisto-request@listbox.com.
Re:

--

C:-)lin

They said "Smile, things could be worse." So I smiled, and sure enough...