Floating plants for a breeding tank?

Hi y'all,

What kind of floating plants are best suited for apisto
breeding tanks?  Amazon frogbits? Water lettuce or water
sprite?  What seems to work the best?

I have a bunch of salvinia and duck weeds.  They have rather
short roots and my apistos do not spend much time near these
plants, although they seem to like the shade these plants
cast and appreciate the plant's ability to keep the water
column clean.  However, duck weeds are so small and more of
a nuisance to "me" and salvinia tends to burn up if I keep
them too close to the light.  I would like to know if there
is a good alternative to these floating plants.

Anyone care to share your opinion?

Tomoko