Re: Beginner needs help

> > Forgive me for asking for clarification, but if I read the original
> > post correctly the 30 gallon tank in question has a height of 70 cm.
> > (28" if my brain is working ) and the poster was asking about housing 5
> > - 10 pairs of apistos therein??? I assume this tank would have about the
> > same (or less) floor space as a 15 gallon tank, and as such would house
> > a pair or trio well, along with some upper-water dither fishes... The
> > capacity of a tank to house bottom-dwelling, territorial fishes (like
> > apistos) is determined by the area of the tank floor, not by how many
> > gallons of water the tank will hold.
> >
> > Martha

Hello and thanks for comments.
This tank is actually pretty high, with footprint only 18"x22". I understand
that its really pushing limits for territorial fish like Apistos. That's why
I asked more experienced people. I know that fish like this needs 1,5 to 3
square feets territorium, but I thought that there can be exceptions to this
rule (Some certain Apisto species or this "high density aquarium" concept).

> Here's one for you throw all the formulas out cause they don't mean
nuthin.
> The first time Uwe Romer came to my place he came to get Juruensis that I
> had, he brought elizabethae to trade. I had a bunch of the Jurus in a
> growing tank, But I also had the KING APISTO of them all in a 29 gallon,
> heavily planted tank in my bedroom.You can see this fish and this tank on
> Pages 509,511,and 513 in the Atlas. Uwe wanted offspring of this fish to
> take back, so we broke the tank down to get them. When we were done we had
> counted 150 Jurus, fry and all!

Hello David,
seems like you don't agree. Could you please recommend me how many males and
females would you put in? Last time I asked for information on The Ram in
local pet store I was told that there is no problem with keeping more pairs
of them (as opposite to A.agassizzi Double Red). I'm confused- are they
indeed as territorial as any other Apistos? Or are there any exceptional
species that I should look for?

Thank you very much,
Lean Oric