Re: frequent spawning

Teresa,

Species behave differently. Many will drive their fry from their breeding
territory once the male & female decide to breed again. If the tank is too
small, like all of my tanks, they will hunt down & kill their offspring. They
consider them threats to the new brood. If there are no mature males to breed
with, the female usually accepts the fry for several months.

Mike Wise