Re: egg color

In a message dated Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:37:34 +0800, benetay@lycosasia.com writes:

> -----Original Message-----
> From:   "owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com" <owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com> on behalf of  "TD7894@aol.com" <TD7894@aol.com>
> Sent:   Sunday, July 07, 2002 11:34 PM
> To: "apisto@listbox.com" <apisto@listbox.com>
> Subject:    Re: egg color

 I agree or at least that's what I was led to believe also. The color of the eggs can be based in part on the types of food the fish are eating. Also the fish itself can gain a lot of color from the food it eats.

 A while back I mentioned to Mike Wise about an Agassizii I bought which was sold as a yellow tail. Well, after a couple weeks in my tanks the yellow tail turned red. I have had it now for several months and it has never turned back to yellow.

 I also noticed at this same store where I purchase the fish, I had also sold some fish. Well, the fish I sold him didn't look like my fish anymore. They lost their color and size. So good food is very important.

 Man I know I always give more than you ask for. I've been being quiest so that makes up for it. Good day and see ya's later.
                                  JerryB