Re: A.bitaeniata

Mike,

I'm not surprised. A. bitaeniata has been found in
many blackwater systems of
Peru & Brazil. My talk will show forms from at
least 7 different rivers - from
the Peruvian Amazon to the Rio Negro & Rio
Madeira. This fish is much more
widely distributed (just like A. cacatuoides) than
most people realize.

There are several "Red" bitaeniata forms out
there, some more red than others. A
truly red form comes from the Rio Tefé of Brazil,
along with normal colored
ones. The problem is that they are rare in nature
and usually are "acquired"
before they get to the average American & European
hobbyists.

Mike Wise