orange group

Hello all,
        My fiance breeds and shows bettas. Several of her grow out tanks turn
orange for a few weeks then clear up. It looks sort of like green water, but
orange. There appears to be no ill effects on the bettas from the orange water.
Do you guys think I could use this orange water to feed to my daphnia culture? I
only have one 15 gallon tank right now to culture the daphnia, so I am hesitant
to just add the orange water without some advise first. I would hate to kill my
only culture and have to start over again.

        Thanks,
        Eric