RE: Sexing A. iniridae

Thank you all for the info. It is as I feared, all 4 are female. Here is what happened. A few months ago I went to my LFS (Aquatek) and bought the last 7 of them, 3 male and 4 female, and sent them to my friend Kevin in Milwaukee. He got several spawns from the group so he sent me them back last week. He sent 6 (I am assuming one died on him a while ago) and 2 died during shipping. I wasn't sure which fish died on him, I was *hoping* it was a female and that he sent me 3 pairs. However, now I am guessing that he sent me 2 males and 4 females and that the two males died. O well, I guess I will just have to wait for some of his fry to grow up!
When I had all 7 I could sex them, but when I got the 4 back they all looked similar. I WANTED one to be a male so I was just hoping that for some reason they were harder to sex than I thought...
Kevin, just for my own curiosity (because I am still hoping that I am just an idiot and still can't sex them after everyone's help), could tell me (either on or off list) what you sent me? Thanks!!

Eric

------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the apistogramma mailing list, apisto@listbox.com. For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email apisto-request@listbox.com. apisto-digest@listbox.com also available. Web archives at http://lists.thekrib.com/apisto Trading at http://blox.dropship.org/mailman/listinfo/apisto_trader