Re: Sponge Filters

In a message dated 1/9/2003 11:26:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, crockerm@peak.org writes:

I like the Hydro sponge too.  I use the #4 and #5.   What size are you
all using?

Matt

Well, in this case bigger is better. But, of course you would take up most of the space in a 10 gallon if you used a # 5. Like they say you never have too much filtration. I probably use all the sizes but, try to stick with 3-5. Just cut the plastic tube if it's too close to the top of water. I cut it even in half so now I have two tubes for two of the same size sponges which I sometimes have to do with 20 gallon long tanks.

Jerry*B*