Re: Please post to 'apisto'

> From ocarroll@trc.rwcp.or.jp Tue Aug 27 20:42:16 1996
> To: apisto <apisto@aquaria.net>
> From: "Francis Brian O'Carroll" (Frank) <ocarroll@acm.org>
> Subject: Re: Please post to 'apisto'
> Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 09:40:15 +0900
>
> Pete Johnson said:
>
> >When you reply to a message from this list, please direct yI our reply to
> >apisto@aquaria.net
>
> Hear hear! The list has been so quiet and it is infuriating to see
> snippets of quoted conversation on the list that was never posted to
> the list!
>
> Fursther request: Richard, can you arrange for the list management software
> to put a sequence number on each post? Either as an extra header or
> in the subject field? That will make it easier to check for
> lost submissions (the above problem made me think that I was losing apisto
> messages when in fact they were just private messages being quoted on the
> apisto list.)
>
> And maybe an automatic Reply-To: apisto@aquaria.net would help.
> (I have added my own reply-to: to this mail)
>
> Sorry to talk about [non-tank] maintenance issues here. I have yet to intro
> myself - have been very busy but will try to write my own "apistography" for
> the list next week.
>
> But the above issue has been bugging me, so I had to speak up.
>
> Frank O'Carroll
> Tokyo

There is no list management software, it's done all with sendmail,
this is, as anybody can tell you, work of the devil. Figuring out
how to make it do a reply-to address i would break my brain.
Besides, no matter which way it's set, (reply to sender, reply
to list) half the list will get pissed off. It's a no win
situation, based on my experience.