apistogramma list

Thanks to a few people who mailed me privately, we have a couple of
good starts - we don't need to type up anything:

The author of the amazing "master index of freshwater fishes"
apparently seeks to provide an integrated index of the most
important fresh water fish reference books and magazines!
His list by species refers to 180 different spp and subspp and varieties
of Apisto, about 50 different if you only count the species

	<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/7130">http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/7130</A>

His list is great because you can track down hard references to varieties.
No doubt other varieties are not listed.

The second source is

	<A HREF="gopher://gopher.nrm.se/00/pub/nrm/ve/collect/fish/cichlist.txt">gopher://gopher.nrm.se:70/00/pub/nrm/ve/collect/fish/cichlist.txt</A>

This is Kullander's 1994 list of neotropical cichlids; grouped under the
heading Apistogramma he recognizes 49 spp plus a dubious one; The fish
are listed by name of their first description though. This is a scientific
list so you won't find any varieties or undescribed spp here.

There are probably a couple of new officially described spp since 1994.

Frank/cis

============ Reminder: Kindly quote parsimoniously when replying =============