At 07.09 1997-02-16 -0500, you wrote:

>You may want to make an introductory mailing, introducing yourself.
>
>You can do that by simply replying to this message.
>

>Regards,
>postmaster@aquaria.net

I'm Kaj Rolf, living in Akarp, outside Malmo in the south of Sweden. I
started up with aquariums about 30 years ago and have had different types of
cichlids in different periods. In the beginning of the seventies we were all
nuts about the new african cichlids. Even at that time I had some Apistos
but due to different circumstances I didn't have any fishes for about 15
years but since about 18 months I'm back into it again.

Right now I have 5 tanks from 50 liters to 200. In these tanks I try to
breed different kind of South American dwarf cichlids. At the moment I have
A. cacatuoides, A. veijita, vild-caught A. luelingi, A. sp. Venezuela and
Laetacara dorsigera. They live together with different Corydoras species and
some characins.

I am a member of Malmo Aquarium Society and together with some friends there
I will, in April, import from Paraguay A. borelli and A. trifasciata. We are
quite a few that take an interest in South American fishes, the only problem
we have is that the water in our region is alkaline and hard. But this makes
even more intersting to breed soft-water fishes. It's a challenge.

I hope to learn a lot from you folks out there and maybe I have some
experience that I can share with you.

have a nice day

--Kaj Rolf
Kaj Rolf
SLU
Institutionen för lantbruksteknik
avdelningen för park- och trädgårdsteknik
P.O Box 66
S-230 53 Alnarp
Tel: +46 40 415142
Fax: +46 40 464085