Re: Altispinosas & Rams

Hi Kathy,
I have never fed tubifex because I was always warned of the disease risk.
My fish were infected by new introductions (a pair of A.cacatuoides).  I
guess better quarantine could have prevented this but they are easy to
overlook.

As for Piperazine, I tried this initially in the form of a human worm
medicine which is in the form of a berry flavoured dissolving powder.
I treated by soaking some frozen bloodworm in the powder every
day for 14 days.  I thought this had worked but the worms came back after
a month or so.  I guessed that the larval form (eggs or young in the
water/gravel) survived.  The levamisole really did the trick though.
I had no information on adding the powder directly to the water.

Good luck,
Ken.L