Re: Rainbows (was Fwd: pingu guppies -)

Bill wrote:

>>>...and the new dwarf blue neon rainbowfish.<<

Not actually too new. TFH just decided to give them a jazzier (i.e.,
commercial) name recently.

>Sounds real interesting.  Is there a place on the web to learn
>more about these?  I've never really learned much about
>rainbowfish.

Look for *Melantaenia praecox* in your favorite search engine(s). The
new TFH name probably won't do you much good.

They are really easy to breed, but a bitch to get raised, mostly
because the fry are so tiny. Plan on rich "green water" if you want to
do it. The parents don't seem to chase or eat babies, but half-grown
juvies sure will.

They are a really nice fish. I keep a school in a 10G, and raise a few
babies when time and inclination coincide. They act more like pupfish
than cichlids, tho, so are *really* off topic, here. ;-)

Wright

- --

Wright Huntley (408) 248-5905 Santa Clara, CA USA huntley@ix.netcom.com