Keeping them with my apistos -Reply

>>How long do you think they will co-exist in a well rocked
and planted 55.  Eventually the angels (why did I buy them)
will get too big but do you think I have a while?<<

FWIW, I have a mated pair of Gold Angelfish (5-6 inch) in a
29 gallon tall tank with 5 A. gibbiceps (1 1/2 inch) and 6 A.
borelli (1/2 inch), and a trio of Aplocheilus lineatus (killifish).
The killies stay right at the surface, the Angels in the middle
to upper region, and the apistos at the bottom. The bottom
has lots of rock caves, some plastic plants and a few small
terra cotta pots.

Everything is amicable except when the Angels spawn. There
have been so serious altercations when this happens.  All of
the Apistos just stay under cover for a few days.

It's important to note that there has been no breeding behavior
or attempts by the apistos.  This may be in part to the
presence of the Angel as well as other factors, such as water
and food.  I am not playing with the water chemistry and I
feed mostly dry food with some live.

Of course, YMMV.
Bill Vannerson
McHenry, IL USA