keeping pH as low as 4.5?

This mail is directed to the guys with experience with blackwater Apisto
species, like A. paucisquamis, A. elizabethae or A. uaupesi.

Here in Rio the water is soft (4-5 dGH), and slightly acid (pH 6.5).
I'm having problems with the blackwater species, as although blackwater
Apistos spawn often, on some species 100% of the eggs turn white!!!

I think if I can keep the pH stable at 4.5, I can successfully breed
these species. I've brought the pH to 4.5 using a mix of fosforic acid,
chloridric acid, and tanic acid (as suggested by Koslowski, and also by
Roemer). But this doesn't keep stable for a long time, soon the pH is
back to 6.0 again.

The employ of peat moss has shown itself not practical, as we're dealing
with a big number of tanks.

Recently, a German friend suggested some kind of ion-exchange resin that
can be put in the filter, and keep the water (a soft one, with 4-5 dGH
like mine) with a very low pH (4-5). It is not a water softener (like
the ion-exchanger Ca++ for Na+, but something bringing more [H+] into
the water, hence droping the pH.
Does anybody knows this resin?
Is it available in the U.S.? Where?

All the best, Marco.