Re: Bad mom!

Len/Geo wrote:

> Hi Bob
>
> If the fishes are spawning every 8 or 9 days after the previous spawn.
> Are you using a RO. unit?
> I want to start breeding Apisto & Pelvicachromis seriously. Is a R.O.
> unit the way to go?
>
> Thanks again
>
> George
>
> > The parents will usually spawn about 8 or 9 days after the previous
> > spawn is
> > free swimming, but this depends on a number of factors relating to
> > age, diet,
> > a broad spectrum of water conditions, and the individual fish
> > themselves.  I
> > would wait no more than six days, and it is easier to move the
> > parents,
> > although if the tank is on an upper shelf, the fry can be siphoned to
> > a lower
> > tank with reasonable ease.[there's a long sentence for you!!]  I
> > suspect that
> > siphoning the fry is the prefered method by most of the folks on this
> > list,
> > but that is based purely on conjecture, and not any formal survey.
> > Perhaps
> > we could get an informal poll going from anyone who cares to answer.
> > Perhaps
> > somene has had trouble with one method or the other that we may find
> > useful.
> >  I was having trouble with belly-sliders the first couple times I
> > siphoned
> > the fry, but I seem to have solved that by filling at least 60% of the
> >
> > receiving tank with water from the original spawning tank.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > ---
> > Archives"!

  Well it depends on your tap water, but it's very difficoult that you have a
good tap water for Apisto. The RO units are almost perfect for them and if you
need a lot of water and if you do a lot of water changes I think the best thing
is that you buy an RO unit. There are a lot of different types and they can be
almost cheap to really expensive, search for a unit wich fits your needs.

Bye
Simone Vicini (psvicini@mdnet.it)