Re: breeding question again: A. 'Rotopunkt'

Chen wrote:

<<   can
> someone tell me why this happens (break-up of bond between the pair and
> the fry)?  is this what happens in nature?  i thought the parents took
> care of them longer than a week or two.  should i remove the other pair
> from their fry before i lose the fry again >>

In nature, no matter how good the parents are, the fry start getting "lost" in
the leaves and stuff on the bottom of the lake/river, and are on their own by
virtue of their "running away from home".  The pair are probably ready to
start spawning again after 10-14 days, and the parenting instinct shifts to
the next spawn.
The male is probably harassing the female not because he has lost interest in
the pair bond, but because he ready to do it again, and her cycle is slowed by
the parenting of the current batch.

Bob Dixon