breeding question again: A. 'Rotopunkt'

sorry for returning to my breeding pairs of A. Rotopunkt.  this morning,
i realized that the bond has been broken again for one pair (i have 2
breeing pairs, both the lone survivors from the batch that was born in my
tanks).  the female in question is now hiding in a corner, afraid of the
male.  i have not seen him chase her yet but i'm sure there is a reason
she is acting this way.  no signs of the fry that she was tending for a
week or two.  this has happened before, at least 3 times between the 2
pairs.  the other pair is still ok, the female is still tending the fry
and the male is peaceful.

i was advised by several in this list to remove the parents after a week
or two since the fry can fend for themselves by now.  i haven't done so
because i don't really know where else i can put the 2 pairs.  i don't
have a lot of room left in my other tanks (specially bottom rooom).  can
someone tell me why this happens (break-up of bond between the pair and
the fry)?  is this what happens in nature?  i thought the parents took
care of them longer than a week or two.  should i remove the other pair
from their fry before i lose the fry again?

thanks in advance for any help.

tsuh yang chen, new york city