Re: Incomplete tank divider method -Reply

>>> Ken Laidlaw <K.Laidlaw@roe.ac.uk> 02/20/98 01:53am >>>

I would say that a ten gallon tank (with plented of hiding=20
places) is easily big enough for a pair of Apistos and you=20
don't need to segregate them . If you find you need to=20
remove the male after spawning then just remove him.  I=20
have never suffered the loss of an  Apisto due to=20
male/female aggression, has anyone?

Ken,

I have lost a male nijsseni. (heavily planted 20gal)

With sp Swartzsaum (?sp) I had a trio in a tank (15g) , the females would =
spawn within a day or two of each other.  I believe if I am remembering =
correctly we had one female steal the others fry and then lost her.

Borelli, this one was my fault, a trio and two paired off and killed the =
third female, before they spawned (10g)

The only clear case in my mind was the nijsenni.

Kathy