Re: Apistogramma Iniridae

Steven,

I am real sure this shop does not treat the water they use in their tanks with
anything more than a de-clor, maybe even knock the edge off the ph a little( the
water here in austin sucks). Would it be safe to assume that introducing this
fish into a 6.5 very soft water tank would be benificial to them. I'm sure the
tank they are in is 7.2 at the lowest. Or would this shock them too much? I am
really hesitant to try and achieve a ph of 5. The reason being is I've warned to
stay away from peat because of the impending anerobic condition that occurs when
peat breaks down. I am currently using pure R.O. water and doctoring it just a
bit to meet my needs. Any thoughts?

Tim