Re: Carbonate reduction

In a message dated 6/14/98 0:34:11 AM EST, gomberg@wcf.com writes:

> >carbonate reduction using muriatic acid,.  I've succeeded in reducing it
> >from 80ppm to 40 ppm,
>
>  I think that is about as low as you are likely to get without resorting to
>  RO.  Folks who do discus often use straight RO water (less that 100ppm
>  TDS).  You might want to consider that if you have a similar goal.

It's not that I'm opposed to RO, I just am not in a position to run a lot of
plumbing and set up a good processing facility in my current digs.  Once I buy
a house, and trade my lease for a mortgage, that will be a top priority.
Meanwhile I fight with it.  I'm getting spawns from my panduros and my
cacatuoides anyway, just not as consistently as I think I should.

Thanks, Dave.

Bob