Re: Panduro & Pertensis

To start, a note... a few weeks ago I threw a tantrum because I lost my
female panduro... I would like to thank everyone who offered help (you know
who you are)... I have since managed to find a new panduro female at the
LFS and she has already laid eggs (around 20 -- it's her first, so I don't
expect much).

Jason,
I have not attempted to breed my pertensis yet, but have generally had good
luck with panduros.  I have a friend, however, who generally has bad luck
with panduros... dad eats the eggs.  My water for panduros has generally
been around 2 degrees GH, 1 degree KH, pH 5.8, temp 83 F.  I perform 25%
water changes twice a week.  They have tended to court for between a week
and 3 months before spawning.  I think the trick with panduros is patience,
the removal of the male if he likes to eat eggs, and preventing suicide.

--Cliff