Speaking of Color Morphs - About My sp. Emerald Male

I think I asked this once before and got no response. The threads on
Emeralds and color morphs has inspired me to ask again.

I got 5 young Emeralds about 6 months ago. 2 males. They are allegedly
F1's. One of the males has always been much lighter than the other 4 fish.
The other male died so I have no direct comparison, but the "light" one is
maturing into a fish that looks like it might almost be an albino.

Here is a description:

The body shape certainly looks like sp. Emerald/geisleri, but the only
markings are a strong suborbital stripe and a little black on the fronts of
the dorsal and ventral fins, along with some growing blue spots around the
face. There is no anal blotch and no other body markings except a change in
the scales where the lateral stripe should be. The whole body is a very
light cream (almost white) with traces of pink and maybe a slight
iridescent blue-green sheen. He does have the normal blueish spot pattern
in the caudal and anal fins. I have observed him under a variety of
conditions and the appearance is constant. The other male looked normal (or
at least very different and what I expected) before he died, and the
females look normal, according to photos and descriptions in the books.

So do albino apistos exist?

Is mine one, and if not, what is going on?

Thanks for any help!

-Doug Brown
debrown@kodak.com