Re: Ramirezi help

>> What to do?
>> I bored Kaycy with my hundreds of questions in the past and I don't want to
>> keep doing it so if anybody has some suggestions I'm ready to try
>> everything except for buying another tank :-)

Are you sure you have two pair?  Rams will spawn every 10 days if kept in
RO water and fed frozen and live foods.  One almost never sees females in
stores, almost all the fish are males.  Females are smaller, have a reddish
cast to the belly and have blue spangles on the black spot.  I feed my rams
three or four times per day, frozen brine, frozen bloodworms, or any live
food I happen to have at the time, either mosquitos, bloodworms, daphnia or
baby brine.  I think the frequent feedings are necessary as Rams seem to
need more food than Apistos of a similar size.  I do weekly water changes
RO, only additive is Tetra's blackwater extract at 1 ml/gallon of water
added.  My fish are kept in bare bottom tanks with a flower pot, sponge
filter, and some floating water sprite.  Rams will begin breeding at 8
weeks of age and will breed every ten days for virtually the length of
their lives.