Re: Pertensis or Meinkeni???

Jason,

Your fish appear to belong to the pertensis-complex, but there are several
pertensis-like species out there. The true A. pertensis typically has 6 (5-7) rows
of broad red spots in the tail. There are other species that have much narrower
spot rows (10 or more). These are listed in books as A. cf. pertensis or A. sp.
aff. pertensis. Check your male's tail fin for the number of spot rows.

Mike Wise