Re: damn pertensis!

> -The true A. pertensis typically has 6 (5-7) rows
> -of broad red spots in the tail. There are other species that have much
> narrower
> -spot rows (10 or more).
>
> So I've just been doing a thorough comparison of pertensis & meinkeni in the
> Mayland/Bork book.
> According to their pics pertensis has 9 rows of spots and meinkeni has 6/7
> rows.
> Do you think this could be another mis-identification in their book.
>  Their pertensis' caudal is damaged (Linke & Staeck say meinkeni has a an
> asymetrical caudal) making it not such a good specimen for identification if L
> &S are correct.
> I hate to bore you all with this but I really want to nail it !
> Jason

Boy am I with you here Jason.........I have been fighting this for about
5-6-7 months and I just don't trust the books.  I know you guys have
been giving this your all and I even wrote in the books the differences
you guys gave me.....but it is hard to get these fish to slow down to
count rows and I do not trust those books......the bork book is
beautiful but they are not like any Apisto's I buy.  Does anyone out
there have some good valid pic's of these fish?

Thanks, Mike