damn pertensis!

Mke wrote-

-The true A. pertensis typically has 6 (5-7) rows
-of broad red spots in the tail. There are other species that have much
narrower
-spot rows (10 or more).

So I've just been doing a thorough comparison of pertensis & meinkeni in the
Mayland/Bork book.
According to their pics pertensis has 9 rows of spots and meinkeni has 6/7
rows.
Do you think this could be another mis-identification in their book.
 Their pertensis' caudal is damaged (Linke & Staeck say meinkeni has a an
asymetrical caudal) making it not such a good specimen for identification if L
&S are correct.
I hate to bore you all with this but I really want to nail it !
Jason