Re: damn pertensis!

Mike Jacobs wrote:

> -The true A. pertensisŠ
> Šyou guys gave me.....but it is hard to get these fish to slow down to
> count rows and I do not trust those books......the bork book is
> beautiful but they are not like any Apisto's I buy.  Does anyone out
> there have some good valid pic's of these fish?

I strongly recommend the original description of A. meinkeni by
Kullander, 1980: there is a black & white picture of a preserved
specimen, but you can count about 6-7 dark bars on caudal fin.  It must
be noted that the clear interspaces are broader (when closer to caudal
fin end) than the dark bars or about same size (when closer to caudal
peduncle). Worthy to check the picture.

Cheers, Marco.