Re: high temps

>...I was asked the other day about keeping apisto's with Discus.  This person has lost both borellii and cacatuoides with the Discus, which are in good health.  They thought it was due to the high temp.

I currently keep and breed A. cacatuoides at 27-28 C. I'm planing to keep most of the offspring together with my discus when the offspring have grown big enough to have a good chance not to get eaten by the discus.

I have about 30 C in my discus tanks. The reason the A. cacatuoides tank is 27-28 is because I'm a lodger and only have a 16 m2 room at my disposal (where I have to sleep, study etc), but have managed to squeeze in 7 tanks. :-) I air the room to keep the temperature down, still it's 27-28 C in the A. cacatuoides tank WITHOUT a heater in the tank, but they don't seem to mind.

Best fishes,
Max Strandberg

---
         "Life is like an aquarium, it's empty
          unless you fill it with something." /

  {~~~~~ AQUA_MAX http://www.ng.hik.se/~ms11cq/ ~~~~~}
  { O<             >O    O<               O<         }
  {      Max Strandberg   aqua_max@mailexcite.com    }
  {   O<       >O        >O          >O         >O   }
  {       O<       Kalmar, Sweden         O<         }
  {  >O         O<      >O           O<           O< }