Re: Apistogramma sp. "Pebas/Ampiyacu" ?

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 ProfPhilo@aol.com wrote:

> Exactly what book have you been looking at pictures in?

Tarah,

Here's the spectrum of books these days:

Linke & Staeck, _Dwarf Cichlids_, Tetra Press.  Widely available.

Glaser _Aqualog: South American Cichlids II_ . Picture book with lots of
photos, about 3 years old, not so easy to find, but now available at Pet
Warehouse and some local stores.

Mayland and Bork, _Dwarf Cichlids_, Glaser.  Just recently published, and
a bit pricey and harder to find still.  Controversy over exactly how
the fish were photographed.

Richter, _Dwarf Cichlids_, TFH.  Older book that Jason and others have
been playing "ID the mystery fish" with today.  Not the best resource, but
for some, the only one they can buy.

Romer's Book.  Hasn't come out yet; we're eagerly waiting.  He's also
supposed to have contributed to Baensch's Atlas, Volume 5, which is in
German only.  (Is it out yet?)

Kowslowski.  Out of print, and in German.  Mike Wise swears by this one,
and my wife is beginning to as well.

Schmettkamp.  Also out of print and in German.  I've only looked at the
pictures, but it's nice, and has type locations like Linke & Staek.

   - Erik

---
Erik D. Olson
erik at thekrib.com