Re: buffering

Further (note the similarities):

I have a tank set up for discus with a pH often <6 and temps >85, water
is soft, reconstituted R.O..  Most Echinodorus Sp. grow well also Rotala
macrandra, R. wallichii, hygrophila difformis, Cabomba caroliniana, many
aponogeton sp. (mostly crispus, rigidifolius and ulvaceus hybrids).
Anubias sp. and Vallisneria sp. do OK but not great. The ferns: Bolbitis
heudelotii and Microsorium pteropus not at all.  I've also had no luck i
n that tank with Hygrophila sp. other than difformis.
Problematic plants could be so due to parameters other than pH.
Ed Hengel  AGA

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco            mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
http://www.wcf.com/wcf