Re: Peruvian Fish

Kathy wrote:

I have noticed with higher
>densities of fish there are usually enough targets no one gets singled
>out.  Of course then you need to keep up on your water changes, and have
>the disease problems of a high density tank.

Thanks Kathy.  IŽll try to keep the aggressive individuals in a larger
group/tank and look for calmer fish for trio setups.
I have no experience with Apisto quarantine.  When I collected local fish,
I usually kept them the first three days with a good water/skin conditioner
and slightly elevated temperature.  Disease prevention was limited to 50%
water changes every two days and two applications of Clout at 75% of the
recommended dosage.  Are there other preventive measures you would suggest,
based on the more common diseases of these fish ?

Peter
plasticolor@guate.net