Re: A. maciliensis growth rate

Maladorno, Dionigi {DRUG~Nutley} wrote:

> My A. maciliensis fry are growing amazingly slowly.

This seems to be normal for all of the members of the trifasciata-group. Just
supply them with a varied diet and they will do well.

Apistogramma maciliensis is a very rare fish in the hobby.  The photos listed as
A. maciliensis in Mayland & Bork's book are actually A. sp. Rio Mamoré. The true
A. maciliensis has a yellow area above the lateral band. Larger males sometimes
have an irregularly developed diagonal band, too.

Mike Wise