A. steindachneri

> > From: Steph & Dave <caligula@tig.com.au>

> > Both mine are 3-4 cms + tail and both have a lyrate tail.  Lateral
> > lines, caudal spots and suborbital stripes seem to come and go.

Sounds like two males to me.  The lyrate tails...a male characteristic.  I
found these guys really hard to sex.  I could sex other fry at a much
younger stage...

> > If they are both boys and I do track down some females here in Sydney is
> > two pairs too many for a 4ft tank??

I spawned them in a 10 gallon, then as they got bigger a 20 gallon, so a
4ft tank should be plenty of room.  They are gorgeous fish.  Good luck
finding a female in Syndney....here in the US is another story.

Pictures are on the krib  www.thekrib.com

Kathy