Re: New Fish Room -Reply

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998 Fkdyorbich@aol.com wrote:

> and another factor is that I've heard of UV sterilzers bringing down the
> immune system of fish too... over generations... or over a long period of
> time...

Chris,
Interesting, if the water was treated by UV sterilizers before it hit the
fish tank it shouldn't matter.  Unless it was creating some type of free
radical/oxidizing agent that then attacked the immune system.  But I
haven't heard anything like that for humans and UV is used in various
things all the time.

I would think that fish would be okay. (unless they were treated with UV
too)

Anyone have any experience with this?

Kathy