gibbiceps/uaupesi

Well I arrived home from work tonight and was delighted to see the
gibbiceps in spawning color still and the eggs there.

Went down two hours later to feed, and she wasn't guarding the PVC L and
the eggs were gone!  Drats, should of removed everybody, a 5 gal is just
too small, the pH was a little high too, so who knows if they would have
hatched.  She survived the turbulence of me getting the subocellatus out
yesterday so don't know what happened today.

After that was definitely bummed and fed everyone else.

I was delighted to find the uaupesi female leading around 3-4 week old fry
in the leaf tank.  Now, how did I miss fry for that long....well it is a
40 gallon tank filled with 3 large piecies of bog wood and then oak leaves
pilled half way up.  No light except ambient room, I rarely see the fish,
let alone anything else.  We knew she was in spawning color weeks ago but
until I see fry forget it.  pH is 5.8 or so, temp 79, hardness 20-30 ppm.

Mow after this I won't post about any more fry, I will get superstitious
if these guys disappear too...

Kathy