Re: Rams de-selection

Dave, I think we've established that you don't buy apistos who've been
yanked from their parents, at least not if you intend to breed them.
That's your prerogative.  And I think we all realize there are benefits
to letting parents rear their fry.

On the other hand, no number of flames on this list is ever going to
convince the rest of the apisto-breeding world (represented on the list
or not) to stop breeding fish who eat their eggs.  No increase in your
blood pressure will convince the rest of us to sacrifice all the fry of
failed parents.  No critical mass of exclamation marks will ever
convince the rest of the apisto-breeding world to carefully
differentiate among parentally-raised vs. non-parentally-raised fry.

If you know and trust the source of your fish, what difference does it
make what everyone else does?  You can trace the lineage of a particular
fish back as far as you'd like, and make your own decision.

If you don't know and trust your source, you're already taking all sorts
of chances in buying the fish, probably the least of which is whether
they were parentally-raised.

If you're just generally opposed to screwing around with natural
selection, quit breeding fish in an aquarium, period.