Fish disease

Title: Fish disease

 Lilia Stepanova wrote:<<<<<<Subject: Fish disease
I have a bunch of unexplained fish deaths. First the semi-adult fry of
A.nijjseni was affected. (...)
It looks like this. No simptoms, fish behaves normally, the night before
death it starts to have problems keeping straight position and next day
its dead. Sometimes dead fish have something like very little of pink blood
deep under the skin in the area of ventral fins, close to gills or rarely
snout. One of the rams developed a white spot on the dorsal fin the day
before he died but it was rather exception. (...)>>>>>>>

Lilia, I am sorry to hear about these problems.
My first suspicion would go to gill and skin flukes,
which typically cause a few fry to die each day
(or so) over a period of time.
However, you mention one of the fish having a single
spot on the fin, which would suggest Ich or velvet
(on books often only the form with lots of white spots
is described, but in reality frequently there are only rare
white dots).
So, you have to treat the whole tank, because most likely
all fishes are affected, even if no signs may yet be present.
You need to treat for both possibilities: I would first start
raising the temperature to 93 deg. for a week to get rid
of the parasites causing white spots. Then, after having
returned the temperature to normal, you may go on with
something like Fluke-Tabs, or praziquantel, or flubenol.
See details on medication schemes at:
http://world.std.com/~enjolras/symtreat.htm

Good luck

Dionigi Maladorno
dionigi.maladorno@roche.com
The opinions presented are strictly personal and may not reflect
those of my employer.