Re: Brooding colors of Apisto females.

Tarah,

Everything you describe indicates that your female spawned and is guarding eggs or
larvae. Many females leave the spawning cave for periods of time to feed and chase
away other fish. My females of A. sp. Rotpunkt (Blue-cheek) are out as often as in
their breeding caves. It all varies, depending on the species and whether or not
the female recognizes any danger toward the eggs/fry.

Mike Wise