RE: re A. trifasciata

Jason
I wouldn't rush to change that name. Before you nail an Id on them I would
like to see a better picture of them the fish that I am seeing at your site
appear to be a young male that is Highly freaked and not showing normal
coloration. I currently have 4male and 3 female A.Trifaciata's from Dave
Soares and they change their color at the drop of a hat. While the fish in
your photo isn't currently showing the characteristic three stripes they do
exhibit the proper dorsal development. I have observed in my trifasciata's
that they will not always exhibit the stripes. this changes by mood and
situation, i.e. flight/fright patterns and mating displays. While I will not
Id. your fish as labeled from your current photo's I can't rule the id out.
I can't speak to the statement that they are A. sp. aff. juruensis because I
have no experience with them. I can state that A.Trifaciata's do not ALWAYS
display their abdominal stripes. These abdominal stripes are the first to
disappear and reappear as my fish move through their tank. especially the
females. It's there for feeding time it's thee for when they are exploring
their territories and it's not their for when they are displaying, to the
target fish it's there when displaying to other male trifasciata's it's not
and neither is the lateral stripe when displaying to females. What they look
like when stressed is a question that I can't answer. They traveled quite
well from Dave's tanks to mine. IMHO

Erick Jones

--
Mayalauren@aol.com wrote:
> I'm absolutely sure it is A. sp. aff. juruensis. Your fish has several
> abdominal stripes. It does not have the third line on the abdomen from
which trfasciata gets its name.
> Jason
Thank you Jason. Does everyone else aggree with this? If so, I will have
Simone change the name on it.

Thank you everyone.

Kaycy

http://www.calweb.com/users/d/djhanson/index.htm