Re: R: check the photo and ID please

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Frauley/Elson wrote:

> The mouth seems sharper than a big lipped, solid-jawed njisseni. The
> caudal blotch is also panduro-like (I have to disagree with Kathy
> there). The lack of black on the throat isn't a consistent indicator due
> to the variety within this species.

Gary,
I agree with you on the large caudal blothc/streak on the tail in panduro,
but I have only seen this on panduro male's.  I haven't seen this on a
female...has anyone else.  Now, in one of my spawing trio's of nijsseni,
there is one female, who when stressed gets a caudal blotch/streak like
the one on Simone's photo.  If she does it again I will get a photo, right
now she is in spawning coloration again.  :)

Kathy